We are not bound to strictly comply with the Australian Privacy Principles or the Privacy Act, but we think it is important to show you what info we collect, what we will and won’t do with your personal info, as well as how we collect, store, and handle personal info.
- accessing our Platform (including our website, our online content, including our mobile apps & presence on third-party applications, as well as social media platforms)
- sending us information (such as an email or enquiry form message)
- buying products & services from the Platform, or
- as set out in our Platform Service Terms and Conditions
|For questions or notices, please contact us | Policy last updated: January 2022
Collecting & using your information
1. What kind of personal information do we collect?
Depending on how we interact with you, we might collect some or all the following information:
- Contact: Name, address(es), phone number, email address
- Social: social media platform details, your preferences and opinions
- Device: Device type, IP address, browser type, operating system, location, and network information
- Actions: How you interact with the Platform, browser session & geo-location data, search queries & browsing behaviour & search history, details of enquiries you make about our products or services
- Financial: Purchase history, payment methods
- Content: Contents of communications, stored documents & media, any sensitive information (as set out below)
- Location: Delivery address, electronic signature geo-tag location, check in location data on social media
2. Use: Why do we collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal info?
- To communicate with you, provide general updates, send newsletters, to tell you important service updates
- To verify identity or address and delivery information
- To provide platform functionality
- To take payment and give refunds
- For internal record keeping and invoicing
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our platform
- For marketing and education, to send you promotional info, and information about and offers from third parties we think you might be interested in
- To comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes
- To consider your application to join our team
3. Opting out: Changing your preferences
You can opt out of newsletter marketing communications at any time by updating your account profile on the Platform or by clicking on the link in our communications to unsubscribe.
How do we store & secure this info?
To help prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have general physical, electronic & management processes to securely store personal info & protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification & disclosure.
- We do not guarantee the security of any info transmitted to or by us over the Internet
Who do we disclose your personal info to?
- Greatest Good Community members that you communicate and transact with including conscious consumers, for-purpose organisations and service providers
- Platform service providers to facilitate a transaction, such as freight and delivery partners, design and marketing partners, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing providers, advisors and payment systems operators
- Our employees, contractors, and related entities
- Our existing or potential agents or business partners, sponsors, or promoters of competitions we run
- Anyone we transfer our business or assets to
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, or authorities if you do not pay for our goods or services
- Authorised law enforcement agencies who follow the legally required processes, or in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who help us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia
- Third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses, including those that store data outside Australia
6. Disclosure outside Australia
Some suppliers we use to provide you services are located outside Australia. We may disclose your personal info outside Australia. Overseas third parties might not be governed by the Privacy Act and might not comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. So if those parties breach the Privacy Principles, you aren’t protected by the Privacy Act.
- By giving us your personal info, you consent to us disclosing it outside Australia and acknowledge we aren’t required to ensure overseas recipients manage your personal info in line with Australian Privacy Law
Transfers to offshore locations
Greatest Good has worked to ensure all data is held in servers based in Australia to minimise transfers to offshore locations. This includes processing of data and our offices.
Business operation aspect
Information may be stored, processed in or transferred
Our company (and our related companies) offices
Hosting facilities for our Platform
Our suppliers, employees, and contractors
Cookies are small text files placed in your computer's browser to store your preferences.
- on their own, cookies do not tell us personal info however, they let others like Google and Facebook, push our adverts to appear on your social media and online media as part of our marketing
- if you give us personal info, we may link this to the data stored in the cookie
8. Web beacons: Do we use web beacons?
Yes, we may use web beacons on our Platform from time to time.
- Web beacons are small pieces of code placed in a web page or email to monitor behaviour of site visitors and email recipients
- We may also use Google Analytics to collect and process data. For more details on how Google uses data when you use third party websites or apps, please search Google’s site
9. Links to other websites
Our Platforms have links to other websites & applications that we don’t control. We cannot and do not protect personal info you share with those other websites. Check those other websites for details of their privacy policies.
We will change this Policy if we change the way we manage your personal info changes or privacy laws change. When we do, we put the updated policy on our Platforms and, if possible, we also notify you via email or newsletter.
11. Complaints and questions
Let us know if you have questions or concerns about how we use your personal info or the way we try to explain how we manage your info.
- you are responsible for the accuracy of information you decide to give us
- if the info we hold about you is incomplete, irrelevant, or otherwise incorrect, please let us know so we can fix it, or alternatively log into your Platform account and update it
- we know we won’t always get things perfect, so we appreciate your feedback to improve. If you have any queries or concerns, please contact us.